Since its inception, over $900,000 in grant awards has been made by family foundation and donors working in concert with NTSAD's Research Initiative. In August 2009, the National Institutes of Health awarded a $3.5-million grant to the Tay-Sachs Gene Therapy Consortium to advance the gene therapy for Tay-Sachs and Sandhoff diseases from animal tests to human clinical trials.
There are studies and related projects required to prepare for the clinical trials that are not funded by the NIH grant. Therefore, over $1 million in private funds must be raised. To support this work with a generous gift, click here. If you, your family and community want to help via our Events for Hope campaign, please contact Diana Pangonis, Development Manager, at 617-277-4463.
We thank all the individuals who have contributed to this effort, and especially the major contributors who are NTSAD's Family Foundation Affiliates and Funding Partners:
- Cure Tay-Sachs Foundation (largest contributor)
- Cameron and Hayden Lord Foundation
- Mathew Forbes Romer Foundation
- Harry Hoffman Family Fund of NTSAD â€“ NY Area Chapter
- LOTS Research & Education Foundation
- New York Area Fund
- Pesotchinsky Family Fund
- Evan Lee Ungerleider Family Fund of NTSAD NY Area Chapter
To make a contribution visit: Donate Today